March 8 Today I leave every one behind and head out to Kuwait. Going through baggage claim I had one of my bags torn apart by TSA. I was watching and the rude bastards told me to move on. I told them that was my bag but they only said to "MOVE ON". What a bunch of Ass's. I hope everything was put back OK.
Got checked in, went to outside the gate area to wait and get a bite to eat. I was told that the flight had been delayed til 4 something. Went to one of the gate arrival departure screens and it said the flight was on time at 2:30pm. So I said my good byes to everyone and proceeded to the gate.
I was crying, they were crying and what made it even worse was that Alyssa had had surgery the day before and was not feeling well, so she and her mother stayed at home rather that drag her to the airport, so I didn't get to give my little sweetheart a hug and kiss.
I really got torn up leaving Ashleigh. She gave me a hug and wouldn't let go. Kim was also a wreck. She has a cold and was not feeling well. To make matters worse, the flight to JFK was delayed for weather, so instead of leaving out at 2:30 pm right now it looks like 3:57 pm. I will still have enough time to make my connection in NY, to Heathrow, London. Right Now it looks like I will have an hour or so lay-over in England then fly out again to Kuwait.
Anyway, after arriving at the gate, the information board at the gate said the flight was delayed til 4 pm. Well I wasn't going to leave the security area so I sat down, and waited, and waited, and waited until finally at 7:30 pm they decided to cancel the flight. The flight crew timed out.
OK, lets walk back to the ticket counter and wait some more. Got my reservation changed and picked up my luggage. Will do the same thing again tomorrow. Hopefully I will make it out of Norfolk.
Stay Tuned !
1 comment:
I guess you will leave out today then because of the weather I take it. Be careful in Kuwait and know when to duck. Keep in touch and take pic's when you can.
Post a Comment