The Trials and Tribulations of living and working in Kuwait and the Middle East. The adventure started in Kuwait in 2008, and will now continue in Abu Dhabi / Dubai in 2012 until whenever.
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
House Hunt...#1
Called and set up an appointment with a realtor, A polish lady that has been here nearly 30 years and knows the country. She showed me a 2 BR apartment in an area call Mahboula which she states is a favorite area for Americans. I did see a bunch of American restaurants and a local pharmacy. The apartment was nice but, I have a few unanswered questions about it and I think the asking rent is high, She said KD 300, The unit I looked at in the Mangaf area was 3 br and brand new and they were asking KD 320. I told her I would have to think about it and gave her my cell number so she could contact me if anything else came up on the radar screen. I wanted to take some pictures but I am nervous to do that as the locals get all freaky if you point a camera at them or even if they think you are, so you have to be very discreet(sneaky). Will try to search more tomorrow
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
hey daddy, i am glad you got there safe.. happy house hunting.. i love you and miss you.. wish you were here.. have fun
Carla
Post a Comment