Monday, March 24, 2008

Why I can't Drive

Before I was hired, I was told I absolutely needed an international drivers license to be able to drive in Kuwait. Cool, I went right out and got one. So, I arrive in country and guess what? Because I am coming into Kuwait with a work visa the rules are "ALL DIFFERENT". I will need to get a residents card first, then a Kuwaiti drivers license. But Before I can do that I have to have "ANOTHER PHYSICAL, Chest x-ray for TB and blood work done by the Kuwaiti's. I have to have my US drivers license translated into Arabic, and who knows what other obstacles I will have to endure. OH! and by the way, The drivers in Kuwait have all attended the "Demolition Derby School for Driving". When you get on the main roads which are posted (I think) at 120kph most people are doing 150 to 180 kph. Really freaking scary sometimes.
Anyway I will be ride sharing for about 2 months or so. The technician that came in about 6 weeks ahead of me is still ride sharing but it looks like he "MAY" be getting his resident card soon.

1 comment:

kimmi78 said...

So when is the love of your life coming over???????? LOL I am so sorry for all the problems but soon things will get a whole lot better.