Monday, March 24, 2008

Quest Part 3...catching up on blog

Went out shopping again a finally bought some furniture, a bedroom suite and some appliances for the kitchen, as well as a washer and dryer. That was on Saturday and scheduled a delivery for Thursday 27 March. Received a call on Sunday 23 March from a very limited English language speaker and he wanted to know where to put the appliances he was delivering 4 days to early, and could I meet him there. I explained to him that I was not going to be able to meet him and I had set up delivery for Thursday. He muttered something in Arabic and hung up.
Later, after work, I called the appliance store to find out what the heck was going on. The person called me back 15 minutes later to say that the driver had installed the refrigerator , washer and dryer. That all was OK. They had the "Harish"(house sitter) let them in. I asked what they did with the satellite receiver and was told that I was suppose to pick that up in the store when I purchased it. She explained that it had a code 115 on it, not a 170. Code 170 is deliver, 115 is store pick up.
Who the heck new that!!

Kuwait a minute... I told the sales person I wanted EVERYTHING delivered on the 27th, and that would have included the satellite receiver .. So now I have to bum a ride back down to the appliance store to pick up my receiver. Will probably do that today after work. Did I ever mention that I am not allowed to drive yet? I will explain in a new post.

No comments: