Thursday, July 31, 2008

End "O" July

Assalamu alaikum ,

The end is here! End of July I mean. That means that Kim and Ashleigh will be leaving in 10 days. I am sure going to miss them when they are gone, but maybe I will be able to watch some TV again (Ash hogs the set watching "Scooby Doo"), but that's OK since it keeps her busy.

It has been wonderful having a drivers license. I have been driving to work and of course the ability to go shopping whenever I please, is great.

I am still planning to be stateside from Aug 22 and leaving Aug 28. Kimberly's fathers funeral will be at Arlington National Cemetery on August 26. We will be staying one night in DC at Jury's Washington Hotel , but I want to visit sister Carolyn at her home in Maryland the day before and also try to do some sight seeing in DC. So much to do with so little time.

The days here seem to be getting shorter as the sun is coming up later in the morning, but the temperatures are still as hot as can be. Today's temp is 115 and the tomorrow is expected to be 119 or higher (or lower) depending on the source.

Well that's about all I can think of for today. Please check out Kimberly's Blog for daily pictures of our sightseeing adventures in Kuwait.

Ma'assalama

No comments: