Friday, July 18, 2008

News Flash Update!!!

Yeah. Finally. I have gotten my Kuwait Drivers License and a car to drive. I feel like the chains have been cut off my legs, as I am now able to move about freely, to come and go as I please. You just don't know how much we depend on having a car for transportation until you don't have one. Even though I am sitting here in my flat, typing on the computer, just to know I can jump into the car and go somewhere on a whim is liberating.

Today we took a nice drive to Marina Mall and walked around there to see what it was all about. Very nice, but just like any other mall anywhere, it has the same shops, same look and feel as all the others. From there we drove around some more heading toward Kuwait city and stopped at the Kuwait Water towers. From there we proceeded on to Liberation Tower, stopping along the way at Green Island where Kim and Ashleigh walked on the shore and collected shells, It was really hot, so that lasted for only a few minutes. Ashleigh would have been in the water had she been dressed for swimming. Kim made the observation that of all the swimmers in the water, only one was a woman, and she was fully dressed in her Abaya and Hajib.

We needed to pick up a few groceries, so we proceeded to Avenues Mall that was not to far from where we were, stopping at the Carrefoure Store and also grabbing a bite to eat at the KFC. Except for the currency being Kuwaiti dinars, you can hardly tell the difference from here and the states, with all of the immigrants working the shops and fast food places.

Kim and Ashleigh will be leaving from their vacation in 3 weeks so we have a lot of catching up to do as far as sight seeing and other things we have had to put on hold. So expect more soon.

Well, Thats it for now.

TTYL

Ma' assalama


No comments: