Wednesday, July 16, 2008

NEWS FLASH!..Early Morning update

Sabah alkhair! (Good Morning)

This is a preliminary update. I received a call last night from my boss and he said to be prepared to go an get my driver license vision test today at 09:00. So I will meet with my co-worker Greg and we will be escorted by a representative of the company that "expedites" our paperwork. So I sit here this morning listening to the radio and waiting for the ride. Whether or not I will actually get a DL today is any body's guess. Then I will have to find a car to lease (one that I can afford). Hope to have it all worked out by the end of the day or at least the week end.

The weather here is HOT and DUSTY. The last few days the wind has been blowing at up to 50 kph and the dust and sand has been miserable. The temps have been in the 110-120 range, which makes it feel like a blast furnace with the wind blowing in your face. Just about another month of the wind and sand then the humidity moves in. H mm..I wonder what that will be like? More to come.

Later (Ma'assalama)


No comments: