Celebrated the 4th by fixing a home style traditional type meal, using what I had on hand. So lets see, the menu was Broiled meat / BBQ sauce with some macaroni and cheese and some peas. Actually, it was very good and we even had some left overs that will do lunch for us on the 5th (today). The weather has not changed, it is just hot and dry. They predict 119 degrees today but usually it will only hit 115. Just too hot to do any outside activities and cab fare is killing me @ about $40 round trip to any of the malls.
I had the 3rd off as well so we went to see a movie and do some shopping and basically just get out of the house. The movie was called Wall-E. An animated feature about robots and the destruction of the earth from trash and all that PC stuff. My take is that it was an info-mercial about the evils of littering and how mankind is going to be doomed if we do not change our ways. other than that it was a cute movie with very loud audio. Good for kids and deaf people.
I was told again that I should see my drivers license this coming week, Insha'allah. I have heard that line so many times before its almost laughable. But we shall see....! I can only be hopeful that it will happen. Then it will be time to locate a vehicle to lease. My co-worker Greg and I still have plans to share a lease in an effort to save some money. The transportation allowance I receive doesn't even come close to paying a lease on a vehicle, so sharing will allow us to get a larger vehicle with some comfort and safety built in. A small car would not be totally out of the question, but the way people drive here makes it a necessity to have some car between you and the next person. Bigger is safer!! Especially here. I can't begin to tell you how many cars I have seen on the side of the roads, completely demolished, not just fender benders, but completely torn up. Roll over accidents must account for 80% of the accidents. Just amazing! People drive CRAZY here.
Ashleigh got up this morning and made breakfast for us. We had pancakes and turkey bacon. I did the cooking, but she did the preparation. It all turned out very good. Now everyone is napping. Kim and I usually get up before 5 am on workdays and Ash sleeps in most mornings since she is online chatting with the other girls and her mom until about 2 am our time. I decided to subscribe to a satellite service for Ashleigh to have some American programming on the TV. They do have a lot of English channels that are Free to Air, but the selection is limited and they repeat everything so much it gets ridiculous to try and find something that has not been seen 3 or 4 times already.
Well folks, stay tuned for more as it happens. TTYL
Assalamu alaikum
I had the 3rd off as well so we went to see a movie and do some shopping and basically just get out of the house. The movie was called Wall-E. An animated feature about robots and the destruction of the earth from trash and all that PC stuff. My take is that it was an info-mercial about the evils of littering and how mankind is going to be doomed if we do not change our ways. other than that it was a cute movie with very loud audio. Good for kids and deaf people.
I was told again that I should see my drivers license this coming week, Insha'allah. I have heard that line so many times before its almost laughable. But we shall see....! I can only be hopeful that it will happen. Then it will be time to locate a vehicle to lease. My co-worker Greg and I still have plans to share a lease in an effort to save some money. The transportation allowance I receive doesn't even come close to paying a lease on a vehicle, so sharing will allow us to get a larger vehicle with some comfort and safety built in. A small car would not be totally out of the question, but the way people drive here makes it a necessity to have some car between you and the next person. Bigger is safer!! Especially here. I can't begin to tell you how many cars I have seen on the side of the roads, completely demolished, not just fender benders, but completely torn up. Roll over accidents must account for 80% of the accidents. Just amazing! People drive CRAZY here.
Ashleigh got up this morning and made breakfast for us. We had pancakes and turkey bacon. I did the cooking, but she did the preparation. It all turned out very good. Now everyone is napping. Kim and I usually get up before 5 am on workdays and Ash sleeps in most mornings since she is online chatting with the other girls and her mom until about 2 am our time. I decided to subscribe to a satellite service for Ashleigh to have some American programming on the TV. They do have a lot of English channels that are Free to Air, but the selection is limited and they repeat everything so much it gets ridiculous to try and find something that has not been seen 3 or 4 times already.
Well folks, stay tuned for more as it happens. TTYL
Assalamu alaikum
No comments:
Post a Comment