Sunday, August 10, 2008

They Have Gone...

I am so alone.

Kim and Ashleigh got on the big jet and flew back to the states last night. I got back to the flat and noticed how quiet it was. About the only noises I did hear was the downstairs neighbors dog barking, and the traffic on the street outside. The place seems so much bigger now, and lonelier. It's a good thing I was pretty tired because I may have had a hard time getting to sleep otherwise. Dropping them off at the airport was different. I was not allowed in the passenger check in area so we had to say goodbye outside, however I forgot to give Kim some KD for the baggage porter tip so I broke the rules and went inside anyway, gave her a few KD for the tip, said goodbye again to them both. and then watched as they processed through the line from outside the glass barrier.

I stayed until I felt like they were processed through and then left to head back to the apartment. I am really going to miss them being here, but I know this can be a boring place for them while I am working, They had very little to do until I got home. Right now I am at work checking the flight status on occasion and I see they have landed in DC and are waiting for the DC to Norfolk flight to get underway. Will give them a call later tonight.

No comments: