Arrived back in Kuwait on Friday afternoon (29 August). The airline flight was long and boring and cramped. We (because of budgetary constraints) always get booked in steerage, oops I mean coach. Makes you feel so important way back there knowing that all the first class passengers will die first in a crash. What a comfort!
Photo's from Kim's fathers funeral can be seen on her blog, so go there and check them out. We had a very pleasant trip to northern Va. and also visited my sister Carolyn's home in Frederick MD. That is a very nice area. Very scenic and full of historic places. I will definitely have to visit there again. After leaving Maryland, we proceeded to D.C. to sight see there. Could not find a parking space anywhere near the areas we wanted to visit. so we went to the hotel to park. Then we walked to the White House, and around that area ending up at the Vietnam Veterans Memorial where Kim looked up her cousin who was awarded the Medal Of Honor. I also found the name of a friend of mine who was killed there also.
We made it back to the hotel after a few hours of walking and turned on the TV to see a news report about a bear cub that was caught in Carolyn's neighborhood and was released in the very
area where we were sightseeing that morning. How about that!
Krista sold my pickup truck to a friend of a friend. I really hated to see the old truck go, but it has a new home now and maybe someone to work on it. I just did not have the time, and letting it sit for another few years would not have been good.
Tomorrow (1 September) marks the start of Ramadan here in Kuwait.

Ma'assalama
TTYL
Mike
Photo's from Kim's fathers funeral can be seen on her blog, so go there and check them out. We had a very pleasant trip to northern Va. and also visited my sister Carolyn's home in Frederick MD. That is a very nice area. Very scenic and full of historic places. I will definitely have to visit there again. After leaving Maryland, we proceeded to D.C. to sight see there. Could not find a parking space anywhere near the areas we wanted to visit. so we went to the hotel to park. Then we walked to the White House, and around that area ending up at the Vietnam Veterans Memorial where Kim looked up her cousin who was awarded the Medal Of Honor. I also found the name of a friend of mine who was killed there also.
We made it back to the hotel after a few hours of walking and turned on the TV to see a news report about a bear cub that was caught in Carolyn's neighborhood and was released in the very
area where we were sightseeing that morning. How about that!
Krista sold my pickup truck to a friend of a friend. I really hated to see the old truck go, but it has a new home now and maybe someone to work on it. I just did not have the time, and letting it sit for another few years would not have been good.
Tomorrow (1 September) marks the start of Ramadan here in Kuwait.

Ma'assalama
TTYL
Mike
No comments:
Post a Comment