As-salamu Alaykum,
I have today off due to the EID holiday. The ministries are all closed, and therefore the KAF is also off for standard operations. Spoke to Kim early and then went back to bed for about an hour but could not sleep so I go up and fixed some scrambled eggs for breakfast.
Decided I needed to go to The Sultan Center and pay on my Internet account before they discontinue service. So I took care of that, looked around to see if there was anything I should pick up, but really did not see anything I need except bread.
Drove back home and saw my old Harris (Ramadan) from my old apartment walking, so I stopped and spoke to him for a few, he invited me into his place for a cup of tea, so I joined him and we had a chat. It seems he is very lonely and homesick for his family, and in general I get the feeling he does not like being in Kuwait any longer. I asked how much longer he was planning to stay in Kuwait and he said after one (this?) year he would leave and not return. He is an educated man, a social worker in his home country of Egypt, but he has to work in Kuwait to support his family. He was planning to get married last summer, but I do not know if he did or not, but said he would not bring a wife to this country anyway, (he mentioned all the crime toward TCN's ) so he , like so many other ex-pats here, work and put up with all the stuff that goes on, looking forward to the day he can return home and be with his family.
So now I am sitting home drinking a cup of coffee, looking at CNN, and deciding what I may want for lunch or maybe dinner.
So, while I decide, I will say Ma-assalama, (go in peace).
TTYL, Mike
No comments:
Post a Comment