Friday, November 13, 2009

10 November 2009

There's a storm a brewin' . We are supposed to get a Nor'easter, remnants from Tropical storm Ida. Kim is still on bed rest and having her nurse come by daily to redress her wound. She is moving about better but still doing too much, which causes her pain to be high most of the time.

The sky is getting overcast and the wind is picking up. Batten down the hatches. It'll be nice to see an actual rain storm since all I have seen in Kuwait is dust storms.

Wednesday: Rain is here, and wind, and rain, and more rain. Be careful what you wish for.
Kim is the same.

Thursday: Still raining. I heard we had 10 inches of rain in 24 hours. That's more than Kuwait gets in 24 years. My patio is flooded from all the water. My neighbor had water run in from her patio door. Luckily, I have a submersible pump that I have been running to keep the water level down on the patio, pumping it out to the back of the yard.

Friday: Still raining. Kim has a doctor appointment today. Dr. looks at the wound , changes the dressing, gives her a different pain Rx and tells us she will take several more weeks for the wound to heal completely. Kim and I go to Red Lobster for lunch. Really good stuff.

No comments: