Saturday, November 8, 2008

Home again for a few weeks..

I left Kuwait early Friday morning (12:40 am Kuwait time ) and arrived in D.C. at approximately 6 am eastern time. The flight was long and boring and uncomfortable. I believe they make the seats as hard as possible hoping that you will upgrade your seats to something else, I am not sure about that , but I would not doubt it at all. Customs went smoothly, and I was soon on my way to the connecting flight to Norfolk. Arrived in a bit early, 9:34 am and was met by ALL my girls and Kimberly. Hugs and kisses were exchanged but Lyssa seemed a bit shy at first.
The weather is somewhat warm for November but that's what I wanted so I can get some riding in while home. I took everyone to lunch at Kelly's Tavern and we all had a good time and I enjoyed a large cold beer, saw some other friends, then headed home. The rest of the day was a washout as I was pretty tired, but Kim had some appointments and I needed to call a plumber because of a problem with a sink drain. Getting all that squared away, I then went to the mall and got Carla to cut my hair, since I had not had a decent haircut in months. Finally got back home and watched a few shows on TV but was falling asleep, so I went to bed early.

No comments: