Assalamu Aliakum!
Still raining and its even chilly outside. Temp is currently 59 F. and a drizzle coming down. I tried to check out my space heaters but the main circuit breaker in the house kept "popping". My best guess is that the circuit breaker is not adequate enough for the load. It looks to me that it is only a 40 ampere breaker, and if that is the case then it will have to be replaced with one with a larger rating. Trying to translate this to the "Harris" (houseboy) will be fun, he will then have to convince the owner that a perfectly good circuit breaker needs to be replaced. Oh well, I am thinking about searching for a different place to live after the new year. I have heard of some apartments going up for around 300 KD and that would save me a bundle monthly. I like my place now but it has several things about it that I am just getting tired of, such as the windows leaking which allows dust to get in, and now the electrical problems. My apartment is an extension of the family villa downstairs that has a temporary wall to separate the up from downstairs. It does the job but I still feel like I have no privacy as I can hear the downstairs people talking, hear the dog barking, the cat meowing and when they cook I get the aroma's of their kitchen in my flat. Honestly for the amount of money I pay for rent I would expect better, but I think this is a problem all over, so before I make any rash decisions about moving, I better check out the other side of the fence first.
But the main problem to tackle now is the electrical and the heat. Did I ever mention that Kuwaiti homes do not have heaters built in as a rule. Most people have space heaters.
Oh well!
Ma'assalama ya'll
Be home in 4 days......Can't wait!!
Mike
No comments:
Post a Comment