I was greeted today at work by tiny "Desert Monitor Lizard" maybe an inch long. I opened the computer room and there it was, trying its best to run from me, but the floor is slick and he was not getting away very fast. I found a large empty water bottle and captured it. Using the bottle I created a small terrarium by adding some sand and a few pieces of vegetation. Along with the sand I scooped up were about a half dozen ants, so I included them into the habitat and just before I left work the ant count was down to zero so I located a few more and put them in the bottle. I was concerned at first that the ants might eat it, but I guess he was hungrier than they were. I brought him home to show Ashleigh, and we have decided to call it Larry D' Lizard.

Will keep you posted on Larry's progress.
TTYL
Mike
No comments:
Post a Comment