Wednesday, July 22, 2009

There's a new "Sheriff" in Town!

Gwyn Elizabeth was born July 16, 2009 at 1:22 pm. She weighed 7 lbs. 2 oz. and was 19 inches long...Why do they measure the length? It's not a fish. Now if that was a trout or a bass I could see measuring the length. Anyway , baby and Krista are doing fine, and first indications are she looks just like Krista, as I remember her when she (Krista) was a baby. Reddish hair and blue eyes. I will have to find some baby pix of Krista for comparison. So this makes 3 granddaughters and Carla will have hers in Oct. and I will have 4. I guess I will change my tag on the motorcycle to OPA 4X to stay current.

Kim and Ashleigh have been here a few days now and are getting settled in. We have been a little busy checking out the malls, doing some shopping and stocking up on things that they like to eat. We also shopped and got Ashleigh a bed to sleep in. Its a metal framed daybed with a mattress and she seems to like it.

Ash has found a friend in a young kitten that the houseboy has befriended. It may be a few months old and is very people friendly even though I am sure it is feral. We have been feeding it some scraps and making sure it has water. I think it gets into the storm drain during the really hot parts of the day. Since it rarely rains here I am sure it's a cool and dry place to hide from the heat. Ashleigh has named it "FREAK". I suggested just calling her Desert Cat or "DC" for short. The landlord has a NO PETS policy and as much as I like cats I would not want to get attached to an animal here at all, so it all works out for the best.

Well that's it for now. TTYL

Mike

No comments: