Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Oops!

All the votes are in and tabulated. I have 2 votes for the old layout and 0 for the new. My vote makes it 3 - 0. Old layout WINS!!

Well, I screwed up.... again!! I bought what was advertised as a queen size bed, paying no attention to the size of the bed, because its all in centimeters. I then tell Kim I bought a queen sized bed and ask her to get me some sheets for it. So she sends me sheets and a mattress pad for a queen size bed. I tried to put them on the first night in the apartment and, well, you guessed it, I have bought a California King size. Its 180 mm by 210 mm. I thought something looked large about the bed even though the bedroom is pretty large. So I am out of luck until I get sheets to fit. I am using the flat sheets right now until I get new a new set, but what a frustration. I swear the sign said "QUEEN SIZE" and I recall the bed looking smaller in the showroom. I am thinking they made a mistake and put the wrong number for the bed down and gave me a Cal-King for the same price, but the sales receipt says 210 x 180, so I just don't know. I actually measured the mattress and it is indeed 180 cm x 210 cm. Online I am having a hard time finding that size for a bed.
Spoke to Kim this morning and she has found some more fitted sheets for me, but the dimensions are 198 cm x 203. I 'll make them fit.


Other than that things are coming together here in the apartment. Still cleaning desert sand from everywhere. The dust is so fine it creeps into everything and through every crack, even through glass it seems. Stay tuned!

No comments: