Friday, April 18, 2008

Another Hurdle Cleared

Well, I completed another hurdle on Wednesday. Before you can get your resident visa here, you must complete a blood test, a chest x-ray and get finger printed. All three steps were completed stateside, but yet again the Kuwaiti's want to do it themselves. So that is now complete and it is again "HURRY UP AND WAIT". I should hopefully get my residents card in a few weeks now, although I do not think that will happen.

Today is a wind event day. The wind has been howling since last night and the dust is everywhere. I was going to sweep and mop the floors but right now it would be futile. I damp mopped yesterday and the floor has a fine coating of dusty powder on it already. So I will wait until the wind subsides a bit then clean house.

I went shopping yesterday again at the Sultan center and stocked up on some more stuff, ketchup, mustard, olive oil, pepper, and of course I got more food as well. The Sultan Center is a large chain market somewhat like a large chain market in the states. They have their own label for a lot of the stuff they sell, and everything I have tried has been very good and high quality. There is also have a place called Carrefour (car four) that is like a super Walmart. They have just about anything you can imagine and usually fairly priced.

I missed my chance yesterday to get a good shot of a "DUST DEVIL". As we were leaving Ali Al Salem AB, one popped up about 50 ft. away from us and my camera, which is usually within reach , was in my back pack in the back of the vehicle. I could have had several really good shots. To top that off, as we were driving on the highway, we pass several camels that had wandered onto the highway and were just walking along the road as if they owned it. That would have been several other shots to post. Oh well. i guess I will learn from that to keep my camera nearby. I did see this on the road side on Tuesday as we drove into work. Do not know what the story behind it is but you gotta just hate when this happens to you on the way to work.

No comments: