Tuesday, March 26, 2013

WOW! Time Flies!!

I can't believe it has been over a year since I posted to this blog. I have been busy. Since last post I have been living in Abu Dhabi. and working on the devices, keeping them running and basically waiting for them to be used by the customer.

Life in Abu Dhabi is nice, I found a nice 2 BR apartment in an area call Al Raha Beach. Its a gated community, with private beach, a few shops (more to come) a swimming pool,  gym and a nice area for walking or running. My wife somewhat likes it here as well, but says she would rather be living in Dubai, closer to the malls. We do get up to Dubai often, so she is not missing out. Abu Dhabi has some really nice malls we have been discovering lately. Al Wahda, Al Dalma, Mushrif mall to name a few. I  judge a mall by the food court and restaurants they have. The better the food the higher the rating. Right now Al Wahda is at the top of my list because the just got the first Red Lobster in Abu Dhabi and they are building an Olive Garden just across from it. All they need now is a Texas Roadhouse or Outback Steak House and and life will be great.

The new mall on YAS Island is really coming along very fast. I hear that there will be a Hard Rock Cafe' there, but that's only a rumor for now. YAS water world has been open for several months now next to Ferrari world.

I have been here over a year now and it's time for a home leave. I will be flying home in about a week. I have 2 new grandsons to spoil, so I am sure the time home will fly by very fast and then it will be back to Skype or Facetime for staying in touch.

The weather here is still really comfortable right now, temps in the mid teens at night and getting into the high 20's or low 30's during the day time (Celsius). That will all end very soon I am sure then it will be hotter than H*** before you know it.

We went to the F1 race track a few weeks ago and watched some racing. It was Ferrari race day, where the Ferrari owners were allowed access to the track. It was very interesting. There was a demonstration by one of the Ferrari Formula 1 race cars, WOW!! is all I can say about that. FAST AND LOUD!!!


No comments: