Sunday, August 1, 2010

1 August 2010

I made my changes to diet and have been exercising more and have seen some minor results. 186.8, that's about 2 lbs down from the other morning, but I won't get excited until I see at least 10 lbs gone.

I am happy to report that the rain gauge seems to work fine. We had a storm front move across our area the other day and it dumped nearly 3 inches of rain in about 3.5 hours. Thunder and lightning, rain coming in sideways and winds at 30 mph. I asked for some rain to test the gauge and I got it. The area suffered some minor flooding in low areas, a few dumb asses tried to drive their cars into flooded underpasses and lost their vehicles. How stupid can some people be? But thanks to the storm front, the temps have dropped to livable levels and the humidity is even bearable. Riding in the evenings on the motorcycle requires long sleeves now.

Still have not received unemployment, there is a question about a retirement income I receive from 11 years with McDonnell Douglas. I have filled out the requested form and sent it in. I still have to file through Virginia, I think, to receive benefits from Missouri. What a hassle, and I just read where Wall St. millionaires are getting unemployment.

Oh well, To all my friends in Kuwait I say... Ramadan Kareem! (Happy Ramadan!)

And to everyone, "Have a Great Day!!"

TTYL

Mike

No comments: