Time to make some dietary changes and start exercising more. I have found out that just watching what I eat does not help. Since I have been back from Kuwait I have put on nearly 10 lbs. and that is not satisfactory to me. I have been "good" with my diet, trying not to eat the wrong foods and observing portion control, but that is not enough. Today I started an exercise routine, dusted off my Nordic Trac treadmill and Ablounger, and will attempt to get up early every day to use them for a work out. It's not like I have not been busy around the house and outside doing yard work and such, but obviously it's not enough.
Today I have walked 1 mile on the treadmill and did a 15 minute ab workout. Did not weigh in this morning but yesterday I was at 189 lbs. I will weight in again manyana.
On the weather front, I still have no solution for the solar shield, but I am still exploring the possibilities for constructing one, once I locate the needed materials. I may add a fan to the contraption and will experiment with solar powered fans for ventilation. Today is supposed to be another "Hot One" so says the weather prognosticators, with temps getting back up into the upper 90's or higher. I would really like to have some rain so I can check out my rain gauge and compare it for accuracy.
Well that's all for now. Talk to you later!
Mike
No comments:
Post a Comment