Friday, September 25, 2009

Book Review - "The Lost Symbol" by Dan Brown

I picked up a copy of Dan Browns "The Lost Symbol" while on home leave and just this morning finished reading it. I am a fan of "The Da Vinci Code", having read the book and I have seen the movie numerous times having purchased the DVD. I also recently viewed the movie "Angels and Demons" while flying back from the U.S. to Kuwait. Having said all that, I found "TLS" to start out rather exciting for the first part of he book, then it became somewhat predictable, and then toward the end, I really could not wait for the last pages. In fact I skimmed over much of the text in the last 25% of the book because it was just plain boring..it reminded me of the TV show 24, where every turn the good guys make was a blunder in the favor of the bad guy. Like the bad guys are always one step ahead of the people with all the marvelous technology. Now how can that be?

Anyway, for the most part, I did enjoy the read, I am glad I finished the book although the story seemed long and drawn out. I sometimes have a tendency to put a book down forever if it really bores me and this one was border line.

TTYL
Mike

No comments: