Sunday, December 7, 2008

Dec 7

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my sister Barbara. I would tell you her age but then she would kill me. Also, today is Pearl Harbor Day.

I have been back from R&R for over a week now and I am getting back into the swing of things. Like before, when I first got here, I came down with a cold and have had a stuffy head and cough for about a week, but it is subsiding now and although I feel great, I still have that nagging tickle in my throat which cause a cough.
The weather here is now SO pleasant, with daytime temps in the 70's and night time lows in the low 60's or maybe high 50's. No Dust, just crystal clear sky's and gentle breezes. (Sounds like an advertisement for tourism).

This is the week of the Hajj and will be followed by Eid al-Adha or Eid. (click the links)

Update on the heater situation. Before R&R, every time I turned on the space heaters I bought the main circuit breaker would open up, which seemed odd to me since the mains breaker is 40 amp and the circuit that the heater was plugged into was 15 amp. When I arrived back , I was told that the A/C technicians would be making some changes to the Air conditioning system to convert it to heat for the winter season. I had loaned a heater to Greg for him to check it out, and he reported back that it worked fine for an entire day. The central system does not work yet but on a whim I plugged one of the heaters back in and it now works fine. Go Figure that out. I suspect that the Technician that was working on the A/C found a problem with the electrical and fixed it. I will never know.

So now I am sitting in my entertainment room with a space heater on and am watching CNN. All is well (fingers crossed).

Well, time to go for now.

I wish all "Happy Holidays" and "Eid Mubarak"

Ma'assalama (go in peace)

Mike

No comments: