What a lousy week it has been weather wise. The dust moved in last Wednesday and has been here since. This is not the worse dust storm I have seen so far, but it is the longest lasting that I have seen to date. Visibility today is about 700 meters as reported by the local radio stations (maybe 1/2 mile at the most). It reminds me of the fog on the mountains. I will have to remove the curtains in the apartment after the dust and give them a good washing as the dust has accumulated on them from the leaks around the window frames. I don't know if you could even seal the windows to where they would not leak, the dust is about as fine as talcum powder and just floats in the air and settles everywhere. I have even gone so far as to place covers on the furniture in the living room to protect it from the dust. They could have done better with the construction, everything looks really nice but on close inspection the attention to detail is surely lacking.
Good news on a personal level. I finally received my Civil ID card, so now I can pursue the driver license and base passes. I was told to wait on the base passes so that I could register a car at the same time, rather than doing one now and then having to redo it later. So I wait. I was told 2 weeks from last Wednesday, which will put me getting the license after Kim and Ashleigh get here, but hey, at least I will be driving. Eventually... hopefully..
Again - WOO HOO!!
No comments:
Post a Comment