Thursday, May 8, 2008

Another Week Gone By... but Wait!


Here we are again, its Thursday, my last workday for the week.
During this week after work on Wednesday, we took a trip into Kuwait city and did some shopping at a mall very near the Liberation Tower. Liberation Tower is really LARGE! This shot was taken from quite a distance and zoomed in as well.

Kuwait is very keen on malls and Souks. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Souk . They are everywhere. This mall has a marina attached to it, but I understand that the slips are all leased out so you cannot just boat in to the mall to do some shopping. Strange, but true. Look at all of the Boats. Anyway, I did manage to pick up a few grocery items from "The Sultan Center".

Finally, today at work I had my Passport returned to me with my permanent VISA Stamp in it. It has my Civil ID number on it BUT, I do not have the civil ID yet, So I can not do anything like get a drivers license or a permanent base pass, I believe I will finish my time in Kuwait before I get issued it. But at least I feel "One Step Closer"

No comments: