It seems funny that we are leaving during daylight hours. Flt 982 has been rescheduled for 4 hours earlier. I am so use to the red eye flights that this does not seem real for some reason, but I will get used to it. We took off at 7 pm (00:00 GMT), about 20 minutes late due to passengers / weather issues, but we are on the way. Looking at the map feature on board, it seems we are flying due east instead of north. I guess this is because of the Icelandic volcano eruption dust cloud that has happened.
I am watching the movie "Crazy Heart" on the tiny movie screen, I have seen all the other ones playing. This movie is really good, it reminds me of some musicians I know or have known back in the day. It's 8 pm EST (1 am GMT) and it's pitch black outside now. Looking at the map looks like we will hit the southern part of Spain or the north coast of Africa.
10 pm EST, Been in the air 3 hours and we are about in the center of the Atlantic ocean.
I just looked at the map and I feel we are headed to Portugal, but wait.....I just looked again and we will most likely fly over Casablanca, Morocco, and then across the Mediterranean sea. It's because the aircraft is flying around weather cells that the heading appears to change.
It's a little after 5am GMT and I see a glow outside the window so the sun is coming up. We are going to fly over or very near Gibraltar, we should be over land very soon.
I must have fallen asleep for a while, we have flown the entire length of the Mediterranean and are now skirting the north coast of Africa / Egypt and just crossed the Suez canal area and are headed into Saudi Arabia. Probably will be on the ground in a few hours. They are starting to serve dinner, which means we have about 90 minutes before landing.
TTYL - Mike
No comments:
Post a Comment