Saturday, May 23, 2009

Moving...

Marhaba!

My god it is getting hot here. Not even 8 am and the temp is 95, the forecast high for today is 118 and even hotter tomorrow. I have been up and at it since 4 am today , boxing stuff up and then taking the boxes to the car. Yesterday I moved the wooden closet over piece by piece and got it setup and ready for my clothes, swept and mopped the floor and finished after 6 pm. I was planning to take more stuff over but I sat on the couch and could not find the energy to move. Then around 7:30 pm the house boy, Ramadan, started showing the flat to some prospective tenants, two Kuwaiti couples then an American couple, not to mention the two women that viewed the flat earlier in the day. Ramadan told me this morning that three of the four that have looked at the place want it, asking me what he should do. I said basically "money talks". Telling him the first to pay the lease and sign the contract would be the winners. He agreed.

I have a load of stuff to move over in the car, and was ready to go but Ramadan came by with his buckets and stuff and was going to wash the car while it was still cool, so I decide to take a short break while he does his thing. Looking around the flat I see more stuff that I can load in the car, since I still have room, so I will have a pretty full load when I do go over. It would not be so bad but my new flat is on the third floor and the lift is not finished. The building owner has been saying "10 days - Insha'alla (god willing)" since last month, which means maybe by the 12th, (of never).. so I guess I am getting plenty of cardio exercise. I had a mover look over the flats and got a quote for the big stuff, at first he said maybe 50 KD , but since I am on the 3rd flor at the new place and second floor in the old place, and my washer and dryer are on the 3 floor here, he said 70 KD. I haggled him back down to 55 KD but I sill think that is two much. But I have to do something. I will call the Realtor that handled the lease and see if he can find me a better price. Heck, for the commission I paid him he should move it all himself. They have a real scam going on here, as most all Realtors are freelance and the commision is 1/2 months rent, I guess they provide a service.

Well, Timeto get back to it!

Have a GREAT DAY! Ya'LL

TTYL, Ma'assalama

Mike

No comments: