Salam!
It's cold here in Kuwait. To hear the gal on the radio speak, you would think hell's going to freeze over at night, but it does warm up to the 50's and 60's or even higher during the day. The temps on the coast are higher than in the desert, sometimes by a significant amount, and the wind chill on the desert will cut right through you. So far I have only seen temps as low as 32 F. at night and that's about as low as it will ever get.
Kim has been here for a week now and she seems to be getting used to the time change and is getting her schedule back on track. I still go to bed early as I have to get up early, but since she is here now, I have been getting up about 30 minutes later than I used to because I do not have to call her now. It's really good to have some company in the same room with me, rather than on the computer.
I have been trying to get my diet back on track since R&R. I gained some weight while home and have been struggling to get rid of it since. My main problem is getting back into an exercise routine which seems to have slipped through the cracks. I try but just cannot get the enthusiasm going to continue, and I have been dealing with several colds since being back. I really need to do something thought because my blood sugar and pressure has crept higher (but not by much).
I have decided to start trying some of the ethnic foods available here. Kuwait has a large and diverse number of peoples and cultures from all over the world and there are restaurants from each that serve their specialties. I do not know how Kim will feel about that, I may have to wait until she leaves to start that adventure. She is such a picky eater sometimes.
Much to my surprise, the company took me out to dinner to celebrate my 20th anniversary with them. That was really nice and totally unexpected. I also get a 20 year service pin and an award gift from the company store. I am thinking of getting an engraved watch. I just have to remember to get online to order it.
Well, I guess that's all the news from Kuwait that's fit to print. So on that note I will close for now and say...
Ma'assalama
TTYL
Mike
No comments:
Post a Comment